Five Roundtable meetings have been held to date - in November 2015, April 2016, November 2016, June 2017 and February 2018.
Issues discussed at previous Roundtable meetings have included:
- Distribution of the health workforce;
- The role of Primary Health Networks in prioritising and commissioning services;
- Remote area health workforce safety;
- Indigenous workforce issues and support;
- Establishment and workplan of the National Rural Health Commissioner;
- Development of a National Rural Generalist Pathways;
- Workforce data, current supply and future demand;
- Formation of the Distribution Working Group; and
- Broader health system initiatives and targeting of resources.
Roundtable Communique’sRural Health Stakeholder Roundtable Meeting, 9 February 2018
Rural Health Stakeholder Roundtable Meeting, 30 June 2017
Rural Health Stakeholder Roundtable Meeting, 16 November 2016
Rural Health Stakeholder Roundtable Meeting, 6 April 2016